“Everyday Musicality” is a podcast for music educators that discusses Edwin E. Gordon’s Music Learning Theory (MLT) and its applications to music teaching and learning.
OR listen in your web browser by clicking the links below!
Love the “Everyday Musicality” Podcast and want to help support its creation? Become a patron by donating on Patreon! Click here to learn more!
- E01.28: Fiddling With Phrygian
- E01.27: Intro to LSAs
- E01.26: Differentiating Instruction
- E01.25: Music Aptitude Testing: Why and How?
- E01.24: Developmental vs. Stabilized Aptitude
- E01.23: My MLT Journey
- E01.22: Chatting with Cindy Taggart
- E01.21: Musicianship-Building Pt. 2
- E01.20: Musicianship-Building Pt. 1
- E01.19: The Importance of Improvisation
- E01.18: Taking a Moment
- E01.17: Dabbling in Dorian
- E01.16: Chatting with Alison Reynolds
- E01.15: Informal Guidance Ideas
- E01.14: Preparatory Audiation
- E01.13: Formal Instruction vs. Informal Guidance
- E01.12: Mixolydian Meanderings
- E01.11: MLT Resources
- E01.10: An Impromptu Conversation
- E01.09: Intro to Skill Learning Sequence
- E01.08: Basics of Pattern Instruction
- E01.07: Menu of Meters
- E01.06: Taste of Tonalities
- E01.05: “Whole-Part-Whole” Learning: Context & Content
- E01.04: Common Misconceptions About MLT
- E01.03: What Is Sequential Music Learning?
- E01.02: What Is Music Aptitude?
- E01.01: What Is Audiation?
- E01.00: Pilot Episode!
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!