In this episode, we examine the second of three core tenets of MLT: Music Aptitude.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Learning Sequences in Music by Edwin E. Gordon
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning (GIML)
- Guerrini, S. C. (2005). An investigation of the association between the music aptitude of elementary students and their biological parents. Update: Applications of Research in Music Education, 24(1), 27-33.
- Gordon, E. E. (1999). All about audiation and music aptitudes. Music Educators Journal, 86(2), 41–44.
- Gordon, E. E. (1998). Introduction to research and the psychology of music. Chicago: GIA Publications, Inc.
- Navigating Music Learning Theory: A Guide for General Music Teachers by Dr. Jill Reese
- GIVEAWAY! If you would like to enter to win a copy of “Navigating Music Learning Theory: A Guide for General Music Teachers” by Jill Reese, post a picture on social media with a description of why you love teaching with MLT with the hashtags #everydaymusicalitypodcast and #giapublications. (Be sure to set the post privacy to “public.”)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!