In this episode, I talk about choosing a tonal solfege or rhythm syllable system to use in MLT-based instruction.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 3 on Sequential Learning (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/02/18/e01-03-what-is-sequential-music-learning/)
- Gerhardstein dissertation (https://everydaymusicality.files.wordpress.com/2022/03/gerhardstein-diss-gordon-2001.pdf)
- Episode 7 “Menu of Meters” (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/04/14/e01-07-menu-of-meters/)
- Taking a Reasonable and Honest Look at Tonal Solfege and Rhythm Solfege (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/taking-a-reasonable-and-honest-look-at-tonal-solfege-and-rhythm-solfege-book-g7452)
- Discovering Music From the Inside Out (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/discovering-music-from-the-inside-out-an-autobiography-revised-edition-book-g6762)
- GIML Faculty Hangout info/registration (https://giml.org/faculty-hangout-with-heather-shouldice/)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!