In this episode, I focus on rhythm skills learned at the Verbal Association level of the Skill Learning Sequence.
Mentioned in this episode…
- E01.09: Intro to Skill Learning Sequence (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/05/12/e01-09-intro-to-skill-learning-sequence-2/)
- E01.35: Rhythm Aural/Oral Skills (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/10/19/e01-35-rhythm-aural-oral-skills/)
- Weaving It All Together: A Practical Guide to Applying Gordon’s Music Learning Theory in the Elementary General Music Program (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/weaving-it-all-together-book-g10575)
- Reference Handbook for Using Learning Sequence Activities(https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/reference-handbook-for-using-learning-sequence-activities-book-gj131)
- Tonal Register Book 1 (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/jump-right-in-tonal-register-book-1-book-gj127)
- Rhythm Register Book 1 (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/jump-right-in-rhythm-register-book-1-book-gj129)
- E01.27: Intro to LSAs (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/05/04/e01-27-intro-to-lsas/)
- Jump Right In Book 1 Teacher’s Guide (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/jump-right-in-grade-1-teachers-guide-book-gj238t)
- Jump Right In Book 2 Teacher’s Guide (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/jump-right-in-grade-2-teachers-edition-book-gj239t)
- GIML 2022 PDLCs: https://giml.org/summer2022/
- GIML 2022 Online Intro Courses: https://giml.org/online-workshops/summer-workshops/
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Sponsors: GIA Publications, Inc., Gordon Institute for Music Learning
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!
3 thoughts on “E01.45: Rhythm Verbal Association Skills”
Pingback: E01.47: Bridging to Generalization from Verbal Association – Everyday Musicality
Pingback: E01.50: Harmonic Skill Development at Aural/Oral and Verbal Association – Everyday Musicality
Pingback: E01.51: Playing Instruments at Aural/Oral and Verbal Association – Everyday Musicality