In this episode, we focus on building audiation in Lydian tonality.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning (www.giml.org)
- GIA Publications (www.giamusic.com)
- “Q & A for MLT: General Music Perspectives on Music Learning Theory” (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/qa-for-mlt-book-g10496)
- “Weaving It All Together: A Practical Guide to Applying Gordon’s Music Learning Theory in the Elementary General Music Program” (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/weaving-it-all-together-book-g10575)
- Taste of Tonalities (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/03/31/e01-06-taste-of-tonalities/)
- Mixolydian Meanderings (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/09/15/e01-12-mixolydian-meanderings/)
- Dabbling in Dorian (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/11/24/e01-17-dabbling-in-dorian/)
- Fiddling with Phrygian (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/05/18/e01-28-fiddling-with-phrygian/)
- Tonalities handout (https://everydaymusicality.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/shouldice-tonalities-session-handout.pdf)
- Intro to Skill Learning Sequence (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/05/12/e01-09-intro-to-skill-learning-sequence-2/)
- “Dance of the Mountain King’s Daughter” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npb67eqR4PY)
- “Sparkle” from Great British Bake Off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1VHE9Q9Rs)
- Theme song from The Simpsons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqog63KOANc)
- Theme song from Six Feet Under (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWH6ZCJtyM)
- End credits from The West Wing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL0uo_MEQ3k)
- Crowd-sourced List of Recorded Music in Various Tonalities (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c1j-28tVhi4AJ0odjB09ByPIJ9e4SdmPzVTiNRdCxKk/edit?usp=sharing)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!