In this episode, we focus on building audiation in Aeolian tonality.
Mentioned in this episode…
- “Taste of Tonalities” episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/03/31/e01-06-taste-of-tonalities/)
- Mixolydian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/09/15/e01-12-mixolydian-meanderings/)
- Dorian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/11/24/e01-17-dabbling-in-dorian/)
- Phrygian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/05/18/e01-28-fiddling-with-phrygian/)
- Lydian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/09/10/e01-32-leaping-into-lydian/)
- Music Play (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/music-play-book-gj236)
- Skill Learning Sequence episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/05/12/e01-09-intro-to-skill-learning-sequence-2/)
- “Poor Wayfaring Stranger” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70_3ho_j0yk) **PLEASE NOTE: In the episode, I misspoke and said this song was by Jack Black when it is actually by Jack White. 🙂
- “Beat It” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0)
- “Jolene” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixrje2rXLMA)
- Crowd-sourced list of songs in varied tonalities (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c1j-28tVhi4AJ0odjB09ByPIJ9e4SdmPzVTiNRdCxKk/edit?usp=sharing)
- GIML Racial Literacy Workshop (https://giml.org/racial-literacy-workshop/)
- GIML Faculty Hangouts (https://giml.org/pdlc/faculty-hangouts/)
- NEW Audiate guitar method (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/audiate-g8929?fbclid=IwAR2ig5Fw9DR8vMCbGVDS8LcNrYZdSCOOwljH6WnlnSjUTZI9GXmY4Q23mDM)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!