In this episode, we talk about tonal context and run through an overview of a variety of tonalities.
Mentioned in this episode:
- GIML Webinar: Saturday, April 4, 9am-noon Eastern time. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/more-bang-for-your-buck-tickets-98711937061?fbclid=IwAR09lV-6FQVFTCLMCA6Jo4n_hj9nc7GVWyPMHnV6iE-K9KDHhgXSgfzEcvI)
- GIA Publications (www.giamusic.com)
- The Ways Children Learn Music by Eric Bluestine (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/ways-children-learn-music-book-g5480)
- Gordon’s Quick and Easy Introductions for only $.01! (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/quick-and-easy-introductions-book-g8418)
- Music Play by Valerio, Reynolds, Bolton, Taggart, & Gordon (https://www.giamusic.com/products/P-426.cfm)
- Experimental Songs and Chants by Gordon, Bolton, Valerio, & Taggart (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/experimental-songs-and-chants-book-1-book-g4074)
- Tonalities area on my website (https://everydaymusicality.com/beyond-major-and-minor/)
- Tonality flowchart (https://everydaymusicality.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/tonality-flowchart.pdf)
- Crowd-sourced list of recorded music in various tonalities (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c1j-28tVhi4AJ0odjB09ByPIJ9e4SdmPzVTiNRdCxKk/edit?usp=sharing)
- GIVEAWAY #2: If you would like to enter to win a copy of “The Ways Children Learn Music” by Eric Bluestine, share your favorite episode of this podcast so far on social media and add the hashtags #everydaymusicalitypodcast and #giapublications. You can do this on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Just remember to set the post privacy to “public” or tag Everyday Musicality Podcast on FB so that I’ll be able to see it when I search for the hashtags.
- All tunes in this episode were composed by Heather Shouldice and will be published in her forthcoming book.
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!