In this episode, I talk about the importance of improvisation and developing the readiness to be a successful improvisor.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- GIA Publications (www.giamusic.com)
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning (GIML — www.giml.org)
- “Research to Real Life” summary of Guilbault study (https://everydaymusicality.com/2019/01/22/the-effects-of-harmonic-accompaniment-on-the-tonal-improvisations-of-students-in-first-through-sixth-grade-guilbault-2009/)
- Chris Azzara’s TED Talk on improvisation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4LlKG035Eg)
- Developing Musicianship Through Improvisation (http://www.giamusic.com/products/dmti_books.cfm)
- Enter the giveaway! To win a copy of Developing Musicianship Through Improvisation, simply visit the GIML website (www.giml.org) and click on “Chapters.” Then send an email to email@example.com with the name of the chapter that is closest to you. You don’t need to be a GIML member to win, but if you are, mention that in your email for a BONUS entry! Deadline to enter is February 16.
- Send in your questions related to MLT and have them answered on an episode in 2021! Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!