In this episode, I have a conversation with new GIML faculty member and one of the co-authors of a new book on choral applications of MLT, Dr. Krystal McCoy.
Mentioned in this episode…
- MLT Conference in Mannheim, October 14-15 (https://www.gordon-gesellschaft.de/termine/jahrestagung-2023-mit-dr-heather-shouldice/)
- GIML Faculty Hangout with Hannah Mayo, October 22 (https://giml.org/faculty-hangout-with-hannah-mayo/)
- Q & A for MLT: Choral Music Perspectives on Music Learning Theory (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/q-a-for-mlt-choral-music-perspectives-on-music-learning-theory-book-10764)
- The Choral Warm-up: Modal Exercises (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/the-choral-warm-up-modal-exercises-book-g6912)
- Information of GIML Professional Development Levels Courses (https://giml.org/pdlc/about/)
- Intro to LSAs episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/05/04/e01-27-intro-to-lsas/)
- Enter the giveaway to win a FREE copy of Q&A for MLT: Choral Music Perspectives on Music Learning Theory! First, think of a choral warm-up that could be useful for building students’ audiation (e.g., an exercise that is in a tonality other than major, has a simple harmony part, etc.). Then do one of the following:
- Share your idea on Facebook and tag the Everyday Musicality Podcast page!
- Share your idea on any other social media platform and send a screenshot of your post to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Email your idea to email@example.com!
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!