In this episode, we experience some musicianship skill-building (including learning a tune by rote, chord roots by rote, and tonal/rhythm patterns), which will get us into improvisation!
Mentioned in this episode:
- GIA Publications (www.giamusic.com)
- Developing Musicianship Through Improvisation (http://www.giamusic.com/products/dmti_books.cfm)
- Episode 9 on Skill Learning Sequence (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/05/12/e01-09-intro-to-skill-learning-sequence-2/)
- Episode 8 on Basics of Pattern Instruction (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/04/28/e01-08-basics-of-pattern-instruction/)
- Everyday Musicality Podcast Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/everydaymusicality)
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning (GIML — www.giml.org)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org!