In this episode, we listen to and audiate examples of music with subjective tonality.
Mentioned in this episode…
- Episode 52 on Types/Stages of Audiation (https://everydaymusicality.com/2023/01/10/e01-52-types-and-stages-of-audiation/)
- Episode 9 on Skill Learning Sequence (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/05/12/e01-09-intro-to-skill-learning-sequence-2/)
- “Stay” by The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUycxurAc9g)
- “Army of Me” by Bjork (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPeheoBa2_Y)
- “Started from the Bottom” by Drake (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ZhNtOqvSg)
- “Analyse” by Thom Yorke (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSxzdqrxlI)
- Article on fragile, absent, and emergent tonics (https://viva.pressbooks.pub/openmusictheory/chapter/fragile-absent-and-emergent-tonics/)
- “Tonal Ambiguity in Popular Music’s Axis Progressions” article (https://mtosmt.org/issues/mto.17.23.3/mto.17.23.3.richards.html)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!