In this episode, I talk about setting intentions for our teaching in the New Year.
Mentioned in this episode…
- GIA Publications (www.giamusic.com)
- Weaving It All Together: A Practical Guide to Applying Gordon’s Music Learning Theory in the Elementary General Music Program (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/weaving-it-all-together-book-g10575)
- Q & A for MLT: General Music Perspectives on Music Learning Theory (https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/qa-for-mlt-book-g10496)
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning (www.giml.org)
- GIML Workshop on February 16 (https://giml.org/racial-literacy-workshop/)
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul by Stuart Brown (https://www.amazon.com/Play-Shapes-Brain-Imagination-Invigorates/dp/1583333789)
- “Taste of Tonalities” episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/03/31/e01-06-taste-of-tonalities/)
- Mixolydian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/09/15/e01-12-mixolydian-meanderings/)
- Dorian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2020/11/24/e01-17-dabbling-in-dorian/)
- Phrygian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/05/18/e01-28-fiddling-with-phrygian/)
- Lydian episode (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/09/10/e01-32-leaping-into-lydian/)
- Episode on bridging from Aural/Oral to Creativity/Improvisation (https://everydaymusicality.com/2021/11/23/e01-37-bridging-to-creativity-improvisation-from-aural-oral/)
- Heather’s dissertation (https://everydaymusicality.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/shouldice-diss-proquest.pdf)
Support the podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
Host: Heather Nelson Shouldice
Sponsors: GIA Publications, Inc., Gordon Institute for Music Learning
Podcast Cover Art: Tyler Nordstrom
Intro/Outro Music: Heather Nelson Shouldice
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, email them to email@example.com!